8/28/2014

Aliases

NP: Up Dharma Down - Tadhana


Heyy. I've updated the banner. I know nothing about dimensions and sizes, so I ended up taking a lot of time guessing the measurements. Hihi.

Updating the banner means i'm going to update my old blog, Gotta Knock A Little Harder , an end post soon.

Small confession: this new blog, still a stutterer, probably went through hundreds of revisions by now. I had a bit of trouble choosing the URL. Initially, it was Awanggan, the Filipino equivalent of "infinity". Then it became stillastutterer - a term loosely borrowed from an account name I saw at SoulPancake. Today though, right after I made that blue dot of a banner, i'm changing it again, this time to my name without the vowels.

It's increasingly tiring to think out new aliases and pseudonyms, you see. I've been known as amalgam, antares, deathwish (some context: i was in highschool, and the more threathening/obscure your DoTA name was, the cooler it became), skyfishseven, and most recently, hikoboshi. Even my newspaper columns were often obscurely titled - what the hell is a paper moonshine, anyway? (SAS - TSC, 2007-2008)

Trivia: I don't really use my name often, much less my full name. My second name is Kane, and i kind of hated it growing up. To me, it sounded too much like the biblical Cain, and I disliked that he was the bad brother, the one who killed Abel. 

So.. yep. drylsmtr. I've been using it for some of my other social media accounts now, and this blog would be kind of a nod in that direction. I speak now to the Daryl of December 2012, feverishly thinking of his resolutions for 2013. This is me opening the door a bit, mofo.



No comments:

Post a Comment