11/12/2016

Catching Up

Whoa, it has been a little over a year since I've last written in here.

Blogging has always been at the back of my mind, to be honest. Life has been getting in the way though, and letting it has been my choice. A lot of things have happened which I'd like to share, but I'd like to go into detail some other time. I want some things to have that distinction.

At ay nako juicecolored. I don't think I'll ever be able to complete a 30D challenge :))

Anyway, here are a few things: 

VI

We went to Iloilo from 22-26 October this year. I think that was the longest time we have spent together sans college days, and I'm happy to say that we survived. Basically it was 5 days of us together, laughing and getting burnt by the sun. It's a nice feeling, remembering what happened. I'm incredibly fond of all these people, and my heart just goes out to them from time to time. 

It also stings a bit though. I miss a lot of things. I miss the sand and the water and the general stillness of it all. Living in an islet eating your fill of fresh and delicious seafood in the company of people you've known for a quarter of your life just doesn't compare to anything. You're not demanded of anything nor are you expected to do anything. You can just be you and acknowledge how tired you felt and how relaxed you are feeling.

That trip couldn't have come soon enough; I had been feeling.. unanchored, i guess, a few weeks before. Going on that trip reminded me of my settings. Of how to put my feet in the ground back again and hit it running, at least for some time. 

So... thank you, guys. You guys are the best. 

VII

It's been a day after the next. 

I want to tell you that I appreciate the little things, the small talks and the miniature moments in between the big events, the enormous winds of the world and the turns of the clock as we age and grow. 

I want to tell you all these things, maybe a few others more that I haven't thought of yet. In the future, I will.

Salamat.



No comments:

Post a Comment