9/09/2018

Golden

Ben and Ben, Maybe the Night 

It's been two years since I last logged in here. Truth be told, posting a blog post feels alien, unknown to me right now. I feel like I always say this, in all of my posts but it is what it is.

Then again, it has been a while. Two years, gddmt. I think there's a lot of things to catch up on, and I feel like I have a lot of things to tell as well.

Let's get started, shall we?

catching sunsets at zambales city

VIII
I've been finishing my MA degree. It's very challenging. Never have I ever wished for more hours in a day, or more energy in my body than these past few months. It feels weird to be this close to graduating, but still feel so.. far away. Shet. I'm not really in the mood to talk about this now, so:

IX
Imagine finding a new corner in a place you've been to all your life, and discovering it for the first time. It may only seem small, but it's something that's new.

a rainy visit at The Ruins, Talisay City, Negros Occidental

Ten years ago, I met someone.

This was back while I was starting college, and we were in the same batch. It took me four years to confess what I've been feeling, three [plus] years of working and individually developing our careers and two years of getting to know each other differently and settling into each other's lives. It took the better half of a decade and many things in between of growing and changing but remaining a constant presence in each other's lives.

Zambales City

It's a lot of firsts for me. There's no secret there. There's a lot of overthinking and overtaking and it makes me crazy sometimes.

But I'm with my best friend. She keeps me grounded, because she has seen where I've been planted. She keeps me afloat, knowing how clumsy I can be in rough waters. She keeps me, and all of me is kept and cherished.

There's this writer who described falling in love as something that happens slowly, then all at once. Sometimes things in the universe happen in a similar manner, doesn't it? Sometimes, the verse becomes the refrain, the constant undercurrent amidst everything.

Zambales City

I also can't tell you how often I get sick on travels, but each and every time, there's this one person who always cares for me. That's a big deal, you know? To have someone care for you so deeply, and to have someone you feel so strongly about as well.

Man. It feels nice. Falafel!


X. 
We went to Taiwan! More on this on upcoming posts, hehe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment