8/17/2015

30DC Day 2: How Have You Changed in The Past Two Years?

Be the Song, Foy Vance

This picture taken two years ago probably sums up what I had been like back then: awkward and inappropriate. Sinong pumikiiiiit?!

F tells me I've changed. She says I've adopted a new kind of voice, one which I use regularly in my work. This is probably true. It takes a certain kind of pitch to talk the unassuming, and this pitch is as low as hell.

Anyway, two years ago was... 2013, right? Around that time, I had just recently completed a year at XBC, and I was probably prowling for a job. My skillset revolved around.. Interacting! Interviewing! Dealing With People! Human Resources?!!!

It was difficult. I didn't even knew what I was good at at the time, nor did I have any concrete plans. I was just itching for a change. At the time I quit, there was supposed to be a board exam for psychometricians (which only happened a year after, hngh), and I quit to yknow, review and all.


Two years later, a lot of things happened. Career-wise, I'm now working for a school. It's not easy, to tell you the truth, to transition from corporate to education. But I like it. I like talking to the kids, even though some of them are huge ugh. Whenever I walk to the station, or to EDSA, I find myself comparing how I was back then. How I saw things.

It's really different now.

My friends and I don't see each other often anymore. It's not a bad thing, I think. We've all drifted in and out of each other's lives at some point, but fudge - we're all still here. We're all still there. That's gotta count for something, right?

I still don't know what I was good at, but right now I do have the vestiges of a plan. Two years ago, I was overly ambitious back then, without wanting it enough. I wanted to reach for the stars, but I was afraid of traveling through the skies. I only had my end goals in mind, but I never really thought about what or how to reach that.


Now, I'd like to think I do. I don't like it at times, yes. Sometimes I lay in bed and think how the f did I ever got here. But this is what I want, and this is what i should walk towards.

/ mic drop

No comments:

Post a Comment